Meet Our Team
Owner and Personal Trainer
Certifications: AFAA Certified Personal Trainer, TRX Suspension Training Group Certification, Certified Life Coach
- Why Artemis? I am passionate about empowering women to be confident, happy, and healthy. Artemis is a place where women can meet their fitness goals, learn healthy lifestyle habits, and find a community of supportive friends. As a certified life coach and physically active woman, I believe Artemis is a place where woman can find a community that will nurture and sustain them so they can bring their best selves to their lives.
- My Favorite Exercise is planks. I love to feel like my entire core is getting into shape!
- My Least Favorite Exercise is mountain climbers. Give me real mountains any day!
- What makes me smile? Good friends, hot baths, dark chocolate, goofy kids, adults who remember how to be a kid.
- While not at Artemis, I'm enjoying a wacky, but wonderful home-life with with my husband and 3 kids.
Owner and Personal Trainer
Certifications: AFAA Certified Personal Trainer, TRX Suspension Training Group Certification
- Why Artemis? I love the idea of women coming to a place because they have a common interest, common desire and common need. I know that Artemis is place where needs are met in a real, meaningful way and where women feel heard and confident. Connections are hard to make in our society, we spend a lot of time alone. I hope that Artemis will be a place where women can meet other like-minded women, challenge themselves, and grow and go back out into the world feeling better about themselves.
- My Favorite Exercise is the plank.
- My Least Favorite Exercise is burpees!
- What makes me smile? Adults willing to be silly, mad skillz and goofy movies, laughing kids.
- While not at Artemis, I'm with my family, skiing, reading, gardening, playing outside.
Certifications: ASFA Certified Personal Trainer, PSIA Level III Ski Instructor
- Why Artemis? I am all for women strength training and Artemis provides an environment where women can come lift some heavy things without intimidation. Also, the battling ropes!
- My favorite exercise is... Anything back-related: rows, inverted rows, chin ups, deadlifts, etc. A strong back is so important for posture, injury prevention and looking good in a sleeveless dress!
- My least favorite exercise ...It is shameful as a trainer to say this, but I always dread push-ups (remember, I'm a back girl). I've really been working on my push-up form and it has been tough but my shoulders thank me.
- What makes me smile? Watching my dogs stick their heads out the window of the moving car. Pure joy!
- When I'm not at Artemis: I'm a bit of a fitness junky so I'm always reading about fitness and nutrition. I may be spotted doing barbell squats in the basement or weeding our vegetable garden. In the winter, I'll be on the hill skiing or riding...my nickname is Snow Bunny after all!
Running Coach and Trainer
Certifications: AFAA Personal Training Certification, ASFA Personal Training Certification
- Why Artemis? I love the vision of Artemis which is “ to create a place that encourages, supports and pushes women to reach and maintain their physical goals, while enhancing their emotional and social wellbeing.”
- My favorite exercise is medicine ball slams. Oh, they feel so good.
- My least favorite exercise is body weight rows. Ugh!
- What makes me smile? Sunflowers.
- When I'm not at Artemis I’m working at Fleet Feet Sports, coaching running groups, or hanging out with my husband, two boys, and dogs.
Certifications: AFAA Certified Personal Trainer
- Why Artemis? I love the energy and friendly atmosphere at Artemis.
- My favorite exercise is the plank.
- My least favorite exercise is the lunge.
- What makes me smile? I love to laugh so I am always looking for something to smile about.
- When I'm not at Artemis I am at my day job at NorthCountry Federal Credit Union or spending time with my family.
Alison Denn, Trainer
Certifications: NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- Why Artemis? Strength training has added to my life in so many ways— it has improved my confidence, my perception of myself and my body, my general attitude, and my ability to apply myself at my desk job. I love Artemis because it is a positive, nonjudgmental community of women who develop strength together, support each other, connect with each other, and have a good time. The strength built at Artemis can help us face the physical and mental obstacles of everyday life a little more gracefully, and I love that!
- My favorite exercise is pull ups!
- My least favorite exercise is jump lunges.
- What makes me smile? Random acts of kindness, dancing like a lunatic, fresh produce, chihuahuas, watching clients and friends make progress, summer rainstorms, and the list goes on...
- When I'm not at Artemis, I'm earning my M.S. in Geology at the University of Vermont, teaching undergraduate geology labs, cross-country skiing, jogging by the lake, playing clarinet, and cooking up healthy dishes.